- Show Date: Yes
- Date: March 31, 2022 (Deadline of Submission)
- Button Label: REGISTER
Equal Opportunity Photo Competition
The University is committed to creating, promoting and maintaining an environment of equality of opportunity for members of the University community, free of any discrimination/harassment. This photo competition is organised by the Equal Opportunity Unit (EOU) to raise awareness of the campus community about equal opportunity.
Entries should be made under one of the following themes:
- Inclusion and Diversity
- Mutual Respect
- Preventing Sexual Harassment
All HKU students, full-time or part-time, may submit entries individually.
|Champion||HK$1,000 book prize and a certificate|
|1st Runner-up||HK$800 book prize and a certificate|
|2nd Runner-up||HK$600 book prize and a certificate|
|Merit Prize||HK$300 book prize and a certificate|
|Viewers’ Choice Award||HK$200 book prize and a certificate|
Submission Requirements and Deadline
1. Technical specifications:
|Submission Format||Upload your photo onto the submission form.|
|Photo Format||JPEG / PNG in high resolution|
|Max. Size of Each Photo||20 mb|
2. Complete the submission form available HERE, which should include a title and a brief description in English for each photo.
3. Deadline for submission: March 31, 2022 (Thursday)
- Relevance to the chosen theme
- Clarity of message
- Artistic merit and originality
- Visual impact
- All entries must be original photos taken by the participant who owns the full rights of the work and must not infringe any copyrighted materials.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of 3 entries.
- Entries must not have been submitted for any other competitions or provided to any other parties for publication before this competition.
- Entries containing potentially offensive materials, commercial content, or any materials that may infringe copyright will be disqualified.
- Consent of recognizable individuals depicted in the entries must be sought before submission.
- Digitally altered photos, collage and any watermark on photos will not be accepted. However, minor digital adjustment, including colour and contrast, use of filters, cropping, and conversion to grayscale, are acceptable.
- Up to ten pictures will be shortlisted for the Viewers’ Choice Award for online voting.
- The decision of the judging panel shall be final.
- Selected photos will be featured on the EOU website, EOU social media, and/or an exhibition. Entries may be used by the University for promotion of equal opportunity in future without prior notification or request.
- The organiser reserves the right to amend the rules of the competition without prior notification.
Please contact Sunny Chung via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DATE: March 31, 2022 (Deadline of Submission)