Skip to content
Event Submission Form

Please refer to the Equal Opportunity Policy and the Procedures for Handling Discrimination/Harassment Complaints of the University before filling out this form.

Any employee or student of the University who considers that he or she has been or is being subjected to discrimination/harassment by any other employee or student of the University may use this form to seek advice or assistance confidentially on how to deal with the situation he or she encounters.

An employee or student of the University may also use this form to lodge a complaint against another employee or student of the University about any discrimination/harassment covered by the Equal Opportunity Policy. Upon receipt of a complaint, the matter will be referred to the Equal Opportunity Officer who shall first ascertain whether the complainant is aware of the steps to resolve the complaint informally and whether the complainant wishes to make use of such steps to attempt to resolve the complaint informally. With the consent of the complainant, the Equal Opportunity Officer may attempt, and if appropriate, with the assistance of other persons, to resolve the complaint informally.

Please complete all relevant fields, including your contact information, so that the EOU can respond to you regarding the subject matter as soon as possible. Please retain a copy of your completed form, including any attached materials, for your record. Do not send original supporting documents; they will not be returned.

Please send the completed form to: Equal Opportunity Unit (Attn: Equal Opportunity Officer), Room 107, Main Building, The University of Hong Kong; or by email to:

The Equal Opportunity Policy of the University prohibits the following discrimination/ harassment. Please indicate which of the following may be applicable to your case:


If you are a student, please provide the following information:

If you are a staff member, please provide the following information:


Personal Information Collection Statement
The personal information provided by you herewith will be used for the purposes and activities of and related to the request for advice/assistance or complaint you have made. It may also be disclosed or transferred to any other parties for the aforementioned purposes and activities. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, you have the right to request access to and/or correction of your personal data held by the University. -Requests should be made to the Data Protection Officer at The Privacy Policy Statement of the University can be accessed at

The information you provide in this form will be treated in strict confidence and will be disclosed to those relevant parties, on a need-to-know basis, with your consent.

I hereby certify that the above information is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I grant permission for the information provided in this form and the materials submitted (or to be submitted) to be disclosed to relevant parties for the purposes of informal resolution and/or inquiry and investigation of the case as appropriate.